My Fake Tan Routine

I love the sun, but sometimes in England it just isn’t that sunny so you have to fake the bronzed goddess look. This is my go to routine and fake tan that I like to use for a natural looking tan.

The first thing I do is lather my skin in the Soap & Glory shower gel and shave my legs making sure they are soft. I then like to use a body scrub and at the minute the only one I have is also by Soap & Glory, but I’m not complaining because it smells amazing!

Once I have scrubbed my whole body making sure to get rid of any dead skin cells I hop out the shower and dry off.

I then like to use a rich moisturiser especially on my knees and elbows so that the tan doesn’t sink into them and go orange.

Once my body is moisturised I then go into tanning. I like to use a gradual tanner as I find it easier to build up to the colour you want and also it looks more natural when it’s building up rather than using instant tan.

When I apply the tan I like to apply it to the places I tan naturally, so the tops of my arms (not the underneath bit) and blend it up my neck and chest.

I like to wait a few minutes before I get dressed to make sure it has sunk into my skin and then I go and scrub my hands so they don’t start turning orange the next day.

I do this routine every other night as I find its more natural that way.

What’s your favourite way of tanning?

8 Comments Add yours

1. I’ve never really done any self tanners or fake tan before, you just need to stay under the sun here in Kuwait for 5 minutes and you’re good to go!

Liked by 1 person

1. juliettetalks says:

Your so lucky! We get the occasional sunny as here in the uk, so if the suns out I’m sat out in the garden soaking it up haha

Liked by 1 person

2. My self tanning routine is similar! I love fake tan!

JennyLovesBeauty♥

Liked by 1 person

3. stephanierosexo says:

I just want to add to all the girls like me who don’t shave, my hair has never made my tan look bad. So skipping that step is so completely okay.
    Loved this by the way 🙂 💟

Liked by 1 person

1. juliettetalks says:

That’s good to hear! I have my legs out all year round so I get pretty self conscious of it 😳 thank you xx

Liked by 1 person

1. stephanierosexo says:

I’ve always thought there’s no point doing something I don’t enjoy even if it’s socially unacceptable 😛 xx

Liked by 1 person

2. juliettetalks says:

Haha that’s a good point, I even tried epilating and it just didn’t work for me as it still grew back pretty fast xx

Liked by 1 person

3. stephanierosexo says:

Hair is hair wherever it is, never feel bad about having it 🙂 xx

Liked by 1 person