What I don’t miss…
- The wildlife! The spiders, raccoons, snakes and mountain lions!
- The BIFFY (bathroom in the forest for you), some were ok but some were not and I did not enjoy using them!
- The cold! It was freezing at night and I would have to wrap up in loads of layers and hope I stayed warm all night!
- The fog, the fog set in mainly in the morning and made morning really miserable but then in the afternoon it was a lot clearer.
- The food! I am fussy eater and they served a lot Mexican food so I lived on ham and cheese sandwiches.
- Not showering, my main reason for not wanting to shower at camp was because they wernt looked after and I hate hair so automatically that was a no and I used a spigget instead.
- Being woken up in the middle of the night by a homesick camper.
- The early mornings and late nights.
Luckily this list is a lot shorter than my last post and none of these things would really impact my decision on going back to camp. Maybe one day I will after all it doesn’t feel like home!